CPU Reset Procedures
The following procedures will reset the main CPU on the following receivers.
- Camnis HSC-050
- Trident TR-2400
Both these receivers are the same, manufactured by the same Company.
This procedure does not require any special capabilities in soldering.
No responsibility will be accepted for damage caused to your receiver during or
resulting from carrying out the following instructions.
What you will need :
- A small Philips screwdriver
- Soldering iron
What to Do:
- Remove the batteries together with the tuning, volume, and squelch knobs
- Remove the 4 black screws on the back cover (2 in the battery compartment) and
remove the back cover. Be careful as the back case is connected to the Power board by a
two pin connector, disconnect this connector and the back cover can be placed to one
- With the unit face down (keypad and screen face down) unsolder the connecting
wires at the bottom right of this board and about one third of the way up the right hand
side. It is also necessary to unsolder the BNC connector which is connected to this
board. The centre pin is connected into a slot at the top right of the board and the earthing
connection also needs to be lifted away from the board.
- Remove the 2 screws that hold this board down.
- Carefully remove this board by sliding out the control knobs from the top. There is not
a great deal of movement but enough to "fold" it over to one side.
- The middle board will now be visible.
- About midway up the left hand side is a access hole marked "SYS". A small
microswitch is visible on the lower circuit board. THIS IS THE SYS button.
- To the right handside is another access hole marked "BAND". Again a small
microswitch should be visible. THIS IS THE BAND button.
- Connect an external external 12v supply.
- Press the SYS microswitch with a small pointed object through the access
hole and power up the radio at the same time. You may find three or more hands are useful
at this point !
- Press the 2nd Key (top left) and then press the BAND
microswitch with a small pointed object through the access hole
(1 will appear on the screen)
- Press the following keys exactly as follows:-
10000100 ENT (2 will appear on the screen)
00000 ENT (1 appears on screen)
MANUAL (Screen clears)
PROG (1 appears on screen)
ENT 0 ENT 6 ENT 749.275 UP DOWN
2 ENT 6 ENT 108 ENT 749.275 UP DOWN
3 ENT 108 ENT 195 ENT 749.275 UP DOWN
4 ENT 195 ENT 512 ENT 749.275 UP DOWN
5 ENT 512 ENT 1013 ENT 287.525 UP UP
6 ENT 1013 ENT 1570 ENT 287.525 DOWN UP
7 ENT 1570 ENT 2060 ENT 749.275 DOWN DOWN
- Turn the receiver off and disconnect the 12v DC supply.
- Re-assemble the radio including all wires, connectors and screws. Re-solder the antenna
connection to the top board and the wires at the bottom right hand corner and side.
All Pages Copyright © Javiation 1996